The City Council will begin making appointments in September for the new fiscal year. The majority of terms will begin October 1. Terms generally vary from two to four years. A complete list of Boards/Commissions, along with meeting schedules, is attached to the application form, and can be found on the City’s web site.
Applications are available at the City Secretary’s Office, Room 330, City Hall, 685-7430. The application can also be downloaded from the City web site at www.midlandtexas.gov (select Government, and then click on Boards and Commissions). Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on August 30, 2019.
Following is a list of Boards/Commissions which will have open seats:
- Airport Planning and Development Board – 4 seats
- Midland-Odessa Urban Transit District Board – 3 seats
- Midland Spaceport Development Corporation – 7 seats
- Oil and Gas Advisory Committee – 2 seats (2 property/real estate experience)
- Parks and Recreation Commission – 4 seats
- Planning and Zoning Commission – 3 seats
- Zoning Board of Adjustment and Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment – 3 seats, and 3 alternate seats
Total number of seats available (due to term expirations or vacancies): 29
Media Contact: Amy Turner, City Secretary, (432) 685-7432