Midland is Looking for Certified Peace Officers
- Midland Police Department is looking for Certified Peace Officers.
- For out-of-state offices, the pay scale is adjusted depending on the length of service.
- Out of state, lateral officers must attend a full-length police academy.
- Midland Police Department holds its own 21-week academy. Followed by a 17-week field training program.
- Lateral officers with a peace officers license in the state of Texas will NOT have to attend the academy.
Lateral salary is based on whole years of police officer experience:
1 year (Basic Peace Officer Certificate) = $66,994
3 years (Basic Peace Officer Certificate) = $73,590
5 years (Basic Peace Officer Certificate) = $77,279
7 years (Intermediate Peace Officer Certificate) = $81,127
9 years (Intermediate Peace Officer Certificate) = $84,947
Other Benefits Include:
- Take-Home Vehicle upon Completion of FTO
- 2 Shifts per Month of Dedicated Training
- Education and Certificate Pay